Melt in your mouth biscuits dipped in melted chocolate. Perfect for a tea-time treat!
These biscuits are based on a Mary Berry recipe. They don’t look perfect, but that’s definitely part of their charm!
Viennese fingers are often found in cake shops or bakeries, sometimes sandwiched together with jam or buttercream (maybe even both). They are very delicate so handle them with care!
- 100g butter
- 20g icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 100g plain flour
- 60g chocolate
- Preheat oven to 190c and grease two baking trays
- Cream together the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder and mix well
- Spoon onto baking trays and form into about 20 fingers of about 7cm in length. You could use a piping bag to do this
- Bake for about 10 mintues
- Cool on a wire rack
- Melt the chocolate gently in a bowl over a pan of hot water
- Dip both ends of the biscuits into the chocolate and leave to set on the cooling rack