These are kind of like a cereal bar disguised as a cookie, so I’ve named them Breakfast Bites. They are made from only four ingredients and are very quick and easy to bake. They would make a good on-the-go breakfast or snack for any time of day.
I’d previously heard that it was possible to make cookies out of only two ingredients (bananas and oats) and decided to give it a go myself, adding in some maple syrup and dried cranberries. Calling these ‘cookies’ would, I think, be a little misleading. They are much softer and their texture is completely different. They are basically cereal bars in the shape of cookies, pretty healthy, and great for breakfast or as a snack!
Banana, Oat and Cranberry Breakfast Bites
- 60g porridge oats
- 50g dried cranberries
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c and line/grease a baking tray
- Combine the oats and mashed banana in a bowl
- Add the maple syrup followed by the dried cranberries and mix to ensure everything is incorporated
- Spoon onto the baking tray and press them into cookie shapes
- Bake for about 18 minutes
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack